Our Foundational Beliefs
We believe, as defined in our Statement of Faith, that the Bible is the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. Its writings are factually true. It is the supreme authority in all matters about which it speaks. The final guide to the interpretation of Scripture is Scripture itself. Therefore:
– We believe the accounts of God’s Word from Genesis to Revelation, line upon line, precept upon precept.
– We believe the spiritual death of mankind, along with both human and animal physical death, disease, suffering, and other natural evils (earthquakes, tsunamis, tornados, etc.) entered into this world subsequent to, and as a direct result of God’s curse in response to Adam’s sin.
– We believe the biblical teaching about the Creator and the creation cannot ultimately be divorced from the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
– We believe the account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple but factual presentation of actual events and therefore provides a reliable framework for scientific research into the questions of the origin and history of life, mankind, the earth, and the universe.
– We believe in the special creation of Adam (as one man) and Eve (as one woman), and their subsequent fall into sin, as the basis for the necessity of salvation for mankind.
- We believe the account of origins presented in Genesis occurred in the span of six consecutive twenty-four hour days six to ten thousand years ago.
– We believe the great flood of Genesis was an actual historic, global, catastrophic event in its extent and effect; it is this flood that is responsible for the formation and subsequent sculpturing of much of the earth’s geologic record as we know it today, including the Grand Canyon.
– We believe the above to be true and conform to the clear teaching of the Word of God; however, we also believe they are not essential for salvation.